Game: Dishonored 2
Dishonored 2 is the highly-anticipated first-person action game and follow-up to Dishonored – recipient of over 100 ‘Game of the Year’ awards in 2012.
Developed at Arkane Studios, the game has been released in November 2016 on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
As a level designer, here were my responsibilities:
- produce the level design documentation maps, including mission’s intentions and high-level concepts
- create the level layouts (simplified level geometry) in collaboration with the level artists and architects
- implement gameplay events into the maps (enemies’ encounters, narrative scenes, maps objectives) by using specialized tools (world editor, scripting systems…)
- work closely with the art department and collaborate with all development disciplines through the entirety of the maps’ iteration
- analyze and fix level design bugs